At first we were using candles. That’s fine for me, I like the light and with two I can read OK.
However it is an expense and one thing bugged me, namely having to get up to blow out the candle at bedtime.
Now I’ve wired up some LED lights, actually using some wardrobe light fittings that were already here plus diverted wiring from the house.
LED lights are very energy efficient.
|Lounge||30watt halogen||GU5.3||2euro||Thrift store|
Obviously I need to replace the halogen bulb with an LED. You do notice the difference on the voltmeter when you turn on the lounge light, it dips 0.1 volt. The LEDs I have the feeling we could burn a loooooong time before the voltage changed.
The light fitting in the lounge i got at the thrift store and it’s interesting in that it uses no cables, the metal of the light itself conducts the current.